Family Medical Leave (FMLA) Violation
If you feel that your employer is preventing you from leveraging your rights as stated in the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), please reach out to us for a free consultation.We are here to help! Here is a little background information for you on the FMLA before you pick up the phone to call us:
WHAT IS THE FMLA?
The FMLA is a United States federal law passed in 1993, requiring covered employers to provide employees job-protected and unpaid leave for qualified medical and family reasons. It entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave.
FMLA applies to all public agencies, including state, local and federal employers, local education agencies (schools), and private-sector employers who employed 50 or more employees in 20 or more workweeks in the current or preceding calendar year, including joint employers and successors of covered employers.
Under this law, employees may take leave for:
- A serious health condition
- A family member’s serious health condition
- Qualifying exigencies arising out of a family member’s military deployment
- A family member’s serious injury or illness arising from military service
- Examples of prohibited conduct by employers include:
- Refusing to authorize FMLA leave for an eligible employee,
- Discouraging an employee from using FMLA leave
- Manipulating an employee’s work hours to avoid responsibilities under the FMLA
- Using an employee’s request for or use of FMLA leave as a negative factor in employment actions, such as hiring, promotions, or disciplinary actions
WHY I’M THE RIGHT LAWYER TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR FAMILY & MEDICAL LEAVE ACT (FMLA) CASE
In short, I’m here to help you fight for your rights! Having a conversation with me is the first step in moving towards a fair resolution with your employer. You can have the confidence of knowing that in addition to being a person who cares about your well being, I have extensive experience in this area of employment law.
Working in a smaller firm enables me to provide you with the highest levels of professionalism and expertise, and two critical things that a medium-sized or large firm generally doesn’t offer:
- Compassion, empathy, and unparalleled accessibility
Trust me when I tell you that I am tenacious. I will not stop until I deliver the optimal results that you deserve, and more importantly, free you from any stress that you are feeling as a result of the circumstance you are in.
But don’t just take it from me: Click here to read testimonials from my employment law clients.
WHERE DO I PRACTICE EMPLOYMENT LAW?
My law office is based in Roseland, NJ. I serve all New Jersey Counties including Essex, Morris, Bergen, Passaic, Hudson, Sussex, Warren, Union, Middlesex, Ocean, Monmouth and any other county I am needed.
In short, I won’t let geography stand in the way of helping you, and I’m more than ready to take your case! I’ll travel to where you need me. If you’d like to schedule a free appointment, click here, or call me now at (973)-315-3232